The Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) is a division of The Indian Ministry of Communications and Information Technology. Previously known as “The Department of Information Technology”, it was renamed to The Department of Electronics and Information Technology in 2012.
Organizations under DeitY:
- Controller of Certifying Authorities (CCA)
- Cyber Appellate Tribunal (CAT)
- Semiconductor Integrated Circuits Layout-Design Registry
- Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (ICERT)
- IN Registry
Companies under DeitY:
- Media Lab Asia (MLAsia)
- National Informatics Centre Services Incorporated (NIC SI) â€” Public Sector Enterprise under control of National Informatics Centre.
- National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI)
Autonomous Societies of DeitY:
- Education and Research in Computer Networking (ERNET)
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
- Centre for Materials for Electronics Technology (C-MET)
- National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) â€” Formerly DOEACC Society
- Society for Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering and Research (SAMEER)
- Software Technology Parks of India (STPI)
- Electronics and Computer Software Export Promotion Council (ESC)
Mr Ravi Shankar Prasad is the Union Minister for Ministry of Communications and Information Technology while Mr R S Sharma is the Secretary, DeitY.
To know more about DeitY please visit: http://deity.gov.in/