ICA has formed various committees to look after various issues and verticals pertaining to mobile industry. These include:
- Committee on Skill Development â€“ Primary objective of this Committee is to help establish an ecosystem which ensures the availability of right skilled personnel in the mobile handsetsâ€™ segment. Lt Gen (Dr) SP Kochhar has been proposed to be chair man of this Committee.
- Committee on EMF & Health â€“ Committee seeks to bring transparency on EMF, spread true scientific research and studies related to EMF and its impact on consumersâ€™ health. Committee also counters motivated propaganda to discredit the mobile industry. Members of this committee include: Mr Sandeep Bhargava, Director â€“ Corporate Affairs, Microsoft as Chairman; Mr Michael Milligan, Secretary General, MMF as Co-chairman; and Mr Rishi Chawla, General Manager, Corporate Relations, Samsung.
- Committee on Direct Taxes â€“ Issues pertaining to direct taxes would be identified, analyzed and taken up by the committee with the appropriate ministries (MOF and DeitY). Mr PM Prasad, IRS (retd)is the Co-chairman of this Committee.
- Committee on Indirect Taxation – Issues related to VAT / implementation of GST, central excise, customs, classification etc. and regulatory liaisoning pertaining to these would be the core activities of this committee. The committee works towards establishment of a rationale and favorable indirect tax regime for the mobile handset Industry. Mr Gautam Ray, IRS (Retd) is the Co-chairman of the Committee.
- Committee on ESDM & Investment Promotion – The committee would liaison with DeitY, State Governments and other relevant stakeholders to provide regulatory support to Industry on issues faced on account of investments in the ESDM sector.
- Committee on Standards â€“The committee advises the Government regarding the need to develop technical standards on mobile eco-system and also addresses challenges pertaining to grey / parallel / counterfeit products infiltrating into the country. The Committee is chaired by Mr Sandeep Bhargava, Director â€“ Government Relations, Microsoft Devices and Mr Praveen Gondane, Associate Director â€“ Standards, ICA is the Convener.
- OtherÂ Committees.