Committee on Skill Development: Primary objective of this Committee is to work toward an¬†establishment of an ecosystem which ensures the adequate availability of right skilled¬†personnel in the mobile handsets‚Äô segment. This Committee also supports the endeavours of¬†Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC) of which ICA is the founder promoter, to work towards skill¬†development and training of 5 million people for telecom sector by 2020.
The basic functions of the committee include:
- To work in close co-ordination with TSSC for identifying the domains / verticals where skill gap analysis, development of framework for standards, curriculum and quality assurance and to facilitate training of trainers could be carried forward.
- To work on additional verticals such as operations, sales, manufacturing for skill development and training if need for the same is identified.
- To work with the Government (DeitY) to take benefit of schemes available under the skill development program benefiting mobile sector.
- To participate in workshops / seminars conducted by TSSC.
- To provide any other support required by TSSC to take forward the skill development initiative.
- To subsequently increase focus of TSSC on our vertical.
- To develop appropriate entrepreneurship programmes, specially focusing on SME segment.
- Co-Chairman:¬†Lt Gen (Dr) SP Kochhar, CEO of TSSC, is the Co-Chairman of this Committee.
- Amit Gujral: Marketing Head, LG
- Bhasker Mishra: GM-Retail Activation, Micromax
- Imran Khan: Product Head, Gionee
- Jagannadh Kumar B: Engineering Manager, Motorola
- Radhika Arora: Sony
- Sanjay Johri: Head Logistics, Warehousing & Commercial, Spice
- Sanjeev Agarwal: Head Manufacturing, Lava
- Vivek Tripathi: CHRO, Lava