Indian Cellular Association (ICA) is the apex body of the mobile industry comprising manufacturers, brand owners, application & solution providers, distributors, retailers and eminent consumers of mobile handsets.
The Association has been constituted to provide value and service to the mobile cellular industry in India by fuelling its growth, improving competitiveness, helping create a legal and ethical market and regulatory environment, thereby providing long-term benefits of mobile connectivity to the Indian masses.
Some of ICAs prominent members include Apple, Foxconn, Wistron, Vivo, Huawei, Lava, Micromax, Lenovo, Motorola, Xiaomi, LG, Sony, Karbonn, TNS (Nokia), Salcomp, Flextronics, HTC, Gionee and more.
Being the lead industry association, ICA has been actively supporting the efforts of the Ministryof Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India; State Governments and Industry stakeholders to help establish the Electronic System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) eco-system in India and to help establish India as the global manufacturing hub for mobile phones, its parts, components and accessories.
Mr Pankaj Mohindroo, the Founder and National President of ICA has recently been appointed by the Government of India as Chairman of the â€˜Fast Track Task Force (FTTF) on Mobile Phone Manufacturingâ€™ to rejuvenate Indiaâ€™s mobile manufacturing eco-system with a view to achieve production of 500 million units of mobile handsets by 2019.
ICAâ€™s pioneering contribution towards promoting manufacturing in the mobile handset segment in the past has been noteworthy. ICA along MietY had jointly set up two Manufacturing Advisory Committees (MAC-I in 2004 and MAC â€“ II in 2008) which played an instrumental role in setting up of significant manufacturing activity in the mobile handset segment.
ICA has also been one of the founding members of the Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC), a body which has been established under the aegis of the National Skill Development Council (NSDC) which is having the mandate to train / skill development five million people in the telecom sector over the next five years.
ICA remains fully committed to promote the growth of the legal industry in India and for taking forward the â€˜Make in Indiaâ€™ and â€˜Digital Indiaâ€™ vision of the Government of India.
To continuously strive for creation of a progressive and vibrant policy and market environment in India which is conducive to innovation, development and prosperity of all stakeholders.
- To ceaselessly engage all stakeholders i.e government, industry and consumers in fulfilling ICAâ€™s vision
- To create knowledge driven platforms which fosters innovation, ease of business and conducive regulatory framework in India
- To continuously work towards constructive engagements among all stakeholders for creation of a vibrant cellular market where manufacturing flourishes and consumer satisfaction is highest
- To become the most comprehensive information and knowledge centre for the industry, government and academia for facilitating research and studies related to cellular sector
- To work towards creation and adoption of practices which enhances industryâ€™s commitment towards CSR and general welfare of citizens